How To Study In Canada Without IELTS. First, what is IELTS and how does it relate to global studies? How important is it actually in international study? We shall address all of these and related questions in the course of this post. Do keep a close watch.
What is IELTS?
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is a globally accepted and standardized language assessment exam deployed by universities in the UK, US, Australia and other English speaking countries to assess the language skills of prospective international students, applying for international studies in their institutions of higher Learning. How To Study In Canada Without IELTS
This assessment test covers four major sections, namely;
- Listening and
After a thorough assessment in all 4 sections, for a duration likely spanning three hours, students will obtain a carefully worked out overall score from all 4 sections, for all of their fundamental English language abilities.
In the meantime, in addition to IELTS, prospective or aspiring students can also obtain scores from other English language tests, such as TOEFL, PTE, Duolingo, etc., to satisfy their entrance and visa requirements.
However, IELTS stands out among all of these tests of language competency since it is widely recognized and acknowledged by important English-speaking nations, like the USA, UK, and Australia.
So, the most popular way for testing overseas students is IELTS.
Exams like this are used to evaluate your proficiency in the English language in English-speaking countries, with Canada serving as the case study here.
Does that imply that in order for me to be accepted into a Canadian college, I must first take the IELTS? No ! IELTS may not always be required in order to study in Canada. IELTS is not required to attend school in Canada.
Without IELTS, How to Study in Canada
There are many solutions available for students who cannot submit IELTS results when applying for admission to Canadian universities to ensure that they can still study there.
If you want to study in Canada but don’t have IELTS, you can pursue one of the other options listed below:
- You can substitute IELTS for other English Proficiency tests like TOEFL(Test of English as Foreign Language), DET (Duolingo English Test), CAEL Assessment (Canadian assessment English language), PTE (Pearson English Language Test) etc, depending on the demand of your preferred institute of higher learning.
- If you have studied in any English medium school for at least 4 years, you can provide proofs as the replacement for English proficiency scores.
- It gets interesting if you are a candidate from an English speaking country, technically you are exempted from providing IELTS scores in Canada.
- Not all schools need IELTS as a basic requirements for procession of one’s admission or visa into their schools, so attention should be on identifying these schools and then applying for a learning experience with them. Scattered all over Canada, these schools all exist, but to spare you the extra trouble of trying to search them out, we decided to do a comprehensive list of these institutions in Canada, that can accept your application without IELTS.
Take a glance;
- University of Winnipeg
- Brock University
- University of Saskatchewan
- Memorial University of
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Cambrian University
- Okanagan College
- Concordia University
- Seneca College
- Carleton University
- Algoma University
- Brandon University
- University of Guelph
- McGill University
For each of these colleges of higher learning listed above, the actual course requirements and substitutes for IELTS might differ as relates the course of study and the university.
Prospective students are hereby advised to visit the university’s official website to know more about it’s language proficiency requirements in detail.